Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The kiosk didn't even wave goodbye.

Along the same train of thought as by post about the Antisocial network, I went to check out of my hotel this morning.  The woman behind the desk looked frightened that I asked her if I could check out and quickly tried to summon help of someone with the expertise necessary.  (I don't think she was an employee but perhaps a friend of one of the staff)

Since I had checked-in using the self-service kiosk, I offered to do the same for check-out. - She quickly looked relieved and off to the kiosk I went.

So there you have it - a 3 day, 2-night stay with absolutely no interaction with a human employee.  It was relatively quick & efficient - but I would have liked being able to answer the question "Was everything with your stay alright ?" - the kiosk didn't ask...and it didn't even wave goodbye.

What do you think ? - Just the way you want it, or would you like the human element to stay involved ?

No comments: